Up to five passengers can travel in comfort and style in Rose’s 2016 Kia Carnival.
All rates include entrance fees and refreshments, including lunch on a full day tour, and fish’n’chips or a casual dinner on twilight tours.
Full day tour of Wellington
- Spectacular views of the city from several vantage points
- The film artistry at Weta Cave, including a tour of the Oscar-winning costumes, weaponry and armour
- A ride on the famous Cable Car, New Zealand’s only funicular railway
- A beautiful bushwalk or a wander through the Botanical Gardens
- Lunch at a seaside cafe
- The splendour of Wellington’s rocky coastline
- The offbeat charms of some of Wellington’s tucked away neighbourhoods
- History and architecture in Parliament Buildings, the Beehive, and Old St Paul’s Cathedral.
Half day tour of Wellington hot spots
Choose the experiences from the full day tour that are of most interest to you. Lunch not included on this tour.
Full day winery tour
Travel over the Rimutaka hills to the serenity of the Wairarapa plains, and Martinborough, one of New Zealand’s leading wine regions. This tour includes:
- A trip to the New Zealand beech forest and Lord of the Rings film location, the Elven village of Rivendell
- Tastings at four of Martinborough’s top wineries, and lunch.
Kāpiti Coast tours
Full day Kāpiti Coast tour
Enjoy a scenic drive up the Kāpiti Coast, and lunch at a local café or fish’n’chips on the beach. In addition, you can choose two of the following experiences:
- Rangiātea Church in Ōtaki, the oldest Māori Anglican church in New Zealand.
- Paekākāriki Station Museum, featuring the “Friend in Need” exhibition telling the story of the US Marines in New Zealand during WWII
- US Marines Memorial Park
- The world famous Southward Car Museum with over 400 classic cars, including a gull wing Delorean for Back to the Future fans
- Walk on a wild West Coast beach (time and weather permitting).
Half day Kāpiti Coast Tour
Enjoy a scenic drive up the Kāpiti Coast, a beach walk, and a visit to either the:
- Southward Car Museum
- Paekākāriki Station Museum, of particular interest to US visitors.
Palliser Bay Tours
Full day Palliser Bay tour
Enjoy the drive over the Rimutaka hills to the remote beauty of the South Wairarapa Coast, where you will experience:
- The charming seaside village of Ngāwī
- The Cape Palliser lighthouse
- A seal colony (seasonal)
- Lunch at the Lake Ferry Hotel or the Land Girl cafe
- A wine tasting at one of Martinborough’s leading wineries.
Makara Beach tours
Half day Makara Beach tour
Get off the beaten track, but only 40 minutes from the city. Ideal for those who like to get amongst nature. On this tour you will experience:
- The West Wind Farm with a breathtaking view of the South Island
- A walk along the wild Makara seashore
- A cup of tea/coffee and a snack on the beach (weather permitting)
- A spectacular view of Wellington city on the return trip.
(summer: 6-9pm, winter: 4-7pm)
Experience the magic of Wellington in the evening light: the views, the coastline, and the lights of the city, rounded out with a tasty fish’n’chip dinner* and, once the sun has set, a wonderful glow worm experience. *Vegetarian options available.